• Home
  • About
  • Resume

VB for Android

By , 11/29/2011 3:23 PM

Found this gem today:

Basic 4 Android

It’s a Visual Basic IDE environment for developing Android apps. But unlike other similar solutions it does not require bloated runtime running on the device, Basic4Android easily compiles native APK app.

Don’t learn Java, utilize your existing Visual Basic skills instead. And the community of thousands of developers can be a huge help as well.

Also you’re in luck today. Download the trial, play around with it and if you like it – use discount code “bvqbet” to get 50% off any version! Here’s how:

  1. Visit purchase link: http://www.basic4ppc.com/android/purchase.html
  2. Select Plimus as your checkout option
  3. Enter coupon code bvqbet in the coupon code field
  4. Profit! You get a 50% discound off a regular price

Happy coding!

UltraWebGrid bug: Row is selected on mouse move

By , 11/15/2011 6:03 PM

Submitted for your approval an UltraWebGrid with CellClickActionDefault=”RowSelect” and SelectTypeRowDefault=”Single” – an ordinary down-to-earth grid. It also posses event handler AfterSelectChangeHandler, also nothing out of the ordinary. But in a minute the aforementioned grid will exhibit properties most unusual. As the alert message ahead reads: Infragistics Bug Continue reading 'UltraWebGrid bug: Row is selected on mouse move'»

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript: script injected, but not executed

By , 11/08/2011 12:04 AM

This was one weird mystery. I have used ASP.NET’s method ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript countless times to inject client-side JavaScript into page’s markup from the server-side code and it always worked perfectly. This time I created a very basic page from scratch:

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
    <title>My Page</title>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="script1.js" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="script2.js" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="script3.js" />
</head>
<body>
    <form id="xfrmMain" runat="server">
    </form>
</body>
</html>

And then injected client-side script into it:

ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType, "JSCode", "ProcessData();", True)

where ProcessData() is function from one of the scripts, loaded in the HEAD tag. The script injected just fine, I got a beautiful insert at the bottom of the rendered page:

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
ProcessData();//]]>
</script>

The problem was – it didn’d do squat – the script did not execute. Why? Continue reading 'ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript: script injected, but not executed'»

How to load IFRAMEs in order according to priority

By , 11/02/2011 4:14 PM

Let’s say you have a Web page that displays “widgets” a small islands of information. And internally those widgets are IFRAME elements, whose source is loaded dynamically from the same server at runtime in client side JavaScript. So, you have a code similar to this:

var aIframes = document.getElementsByTagName('IFRAME');
for (var I = 0; I < aIframes.length; I++) {
    aIframes[I].src = aIframes[I].getAttribute('originalURL')
}

This (oversimplified) code assumes that URL for IFRAME source already stored as a custom attribute ‘originalURL’ of IFRAME element (for example placed there by server-side code), but it can equally come from other sources. This approach is usually taken so IFRAMES can initially display a static page with “Please wait. Loading…” animation meanwhile dynamically loading real data – creates a better user experience.

The code loops thru all IFRAMEs setting their SRC attribute, displaying content, so you would see something like

IFRAME widgets

It’s all well and good, but there’s a small problem. SRC of IFRAMEs is assigned in order of their appearance on the page and if URLs are pointing to the same server and one of the earlier IFRAMEs takes a long time to load – it will block the rest of the IFRAMEs from loading. Continue reading 'How to load IFRAMEs in order according to priority'»

Panorama Theme by Themocracy