Yuriy Galanter’s Resume
To obtain a position as a .NET software developer
- 11+ years of .NET framework experience versions 1.1, 2.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5: C#, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, Visual Studio .Net and Web Services, including 2005, 2008, 2010 and 2011 version of the software, WCF and Web API
- 19+ years of experience architecting, designing and coding data-driven applications using Visual Basic, COM, COM+, ADO, OLE DB, ASP, VB Script, Java Script, HTML, DHTML, XML, OOP,and SQL
- Flexible and quick learner.
HTML5 and CSS3, Windows Communication Foundation and Web API, LINQ and Entity Framework, JSON, jQuery and AJAX
Visual Studio.NET, MS Visio, Crystal Reports, Visual Source Safe, Windows 2000/2003/2008, Windows XP/7/8; MS Office, IIS, MS Exchange, SQL Server, Infragistics NetAdvantage
Intel x86/x64 and compatible platforms, Ethernet switches and hubs, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, network scanners and printers, CD-RW and DVD-RW, tape backup units, digital imaging and firewire/USB2 peripherals, mobile devices including Android, iOS and Windows RT.
November 2006 – Present Relational Security Corporation (RSAM) Secaucus, NJ
- Senior software developer: designed new and optimizes existing software using various range of .NET technologies
- Mentored team of offshore developers
- Researched new technologies and their possible uses in existing business model
January 1998 – November 2006 American Hull Insurance syndicate, New York, New York
- Designed secure Web-based reports using Visual Studio, Ajax (Atlas) and Crystal Reports.NET. Reports accepted data from a variety of remote data sources, including MS Access and SQL Server, via Web services.
- Created Web services capable of extracting snapshots of data from corporate database and sending it in XML format via HTTP protocol to partner companies. Created different Web and rich Windows clients, consuming these Web services and generating variety of files (Excel, HTML etc.) on the fly. Visual Studio 2005, C# and ASP.NET 2.0 were used in process.
- Designed and coded complex Web based Claims Diary systems capable of interacting via SOAP XML Web Services with legacy VB6 applications for American Hull Insurance Syndicate and American Offshore Insurance Syndicate using Visual Studio.NET, Visual Basic.NET, ASP.NET, Windows Services and SQL Server 2000.
- Reacted to change in user demands under tight deadlines, set task priorities. Maintained and upgraded existing Windows applications, while adding new modules based on users’ requirements.
- Managed teams of 2-3 contract developers, delegated tasks and responsibilities, validated results.
- Created ad-lib reports on demand from MS Access queries and SQL Server stored procedures to send in Excel or other formats.
- Requested business requirements from users, then, based on them, architected, designed and built multi-user insurance applications for Accounting, Claims and Underwriting departments of four corporate entities: American Hull Insurance Syndicate, American Offshore Insurance Syndicate, Cargo Reinsurance Agency and American Cargo War Reinsurance Agency, using Visual Basic 6, MS Access and SQL Server as backend database, ASP, COM, ADO, OleDB. Created custom reports using Business Objects Crystal Reports
- Exported data from original mainframe application and converted it into readable PC format. Worked on Y2K problem presented by obsolete mainframe software.
- Selected application and hardware vendors to purchase software and equipment
- Managed Windows network environment: users, accounts, domains, MS Exchange mailboxes, antivirus, antispam and firewall protection. Handled daily tape and Internet backups.
- Designed company’s Intranet and Interned Web sites
June 1997 – January 1998 Edward Blank Associates, New York, New York
- Created and supported database and reporting applications for a global marketing system using FoxPro and Visual FoxPro.
- Remotely controlled PC and UNIX machines in call centers using Symantec PCAnyWhere and ProComm Plus
March 1995 – December 1996 College of Management Personnel, Kharkov, Ukraine
- Created business and training applications for financial, foreign language and accounting departments using Visual Basic, SQL, FoxPro, Delphi, and Assembly, for IBM/PC compatible network computers,
- Designed computer advertisement using design systems Corel Draw, Picture Publisher, PhotoShop and office software like MS Word and Word Perfect,
- Wrote users’ manuals and training materials on basics of programming,
- Troubleshooted and tested Software and hardware.
July 1994 – March 1995 Scientific Information Agency, Kharkov, Ukraine
- Created and supported applications for accounting, real-estate and recruiting departments and psychological testing software using database management systems including FoxPro and Visual FoxPro and languages Visual Basic and Pascal.
- Provided hardware and software support
March 2006 WWW.BRAINBENCH.COM
Certified professional: SQL Server 2000
January 2005 WWW.BRAINBENCH.COM
Certified professional: Visual Basic.NET
July 2002 WWW.BRAINBENCH.COM
Certified professional: VB Master and ASP master
January 1997 – June 1997 AMERICAN TRAINING CENTER, INC., Forest Hills, N.Y.
Advanced courses in software development: Visual Basic, ActiveX, OLE, Client-Server techniques, Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
June 1989 – July 1994 Kharkov Aviation Institute, Kharkov, Ukraine
Degree: B.S. in Computer science
REFERENCES: Available upon request