If you’d like to generate a steadily increasing stream of income online in addition to your day time job, you can do it in 6 easy steps and once initial setup is done, everything is completely automatic, you won’t have to do a thing. (If you already have a blog and don’t need content posted to it automatically – jump directly to step 6).
- Get a good web hosting with PHP. If you don’t already have one, sign up with Blue Host, for less than $7/month they offer pretty much unlimited everything (disk space, traffic, databases, sub domains etc.)
- Install WordPress MU/3x. Once web hosting account is set up, download and install multi-blog version of WordPress. This will allow you to setup multiple blogs to have multiple sources of income.
- Setup your first blog. Add 5-10 categories related to your blog topic. Then download and install Unique Article Wizard WordPress plugin (scroll down to actual download), this is a very cool service, once setup, in about a day it automatically starts to deliver high quality posts to you blog, related to your blog topic.
- Fill your blog with initial content. Your blog needs to have some content to be indexed by Google (this is important). One way to create several hundred initial posts it is to search Google news for related keywords, switch to RSS mode (hint: if you add “n=100” without quotes at the end of Google RSS feed URL, you will get 100 records instead of default 20), save RSS feed as XML file and import that XML file into your WordPress blog.
- Promote your blog. To speed up indexing of your site by Google you can add it to social bookmarking sites (Digg, Delicious, Propeller, Yahoo Buzz are good start). You can also add SEO-specific plugins to your blog (XML SiteMap and All-in-one SEO Pack are the best) and add your site to Google Webmaster Tools.
- Sign up for TNX.NET text links. Once your site has at least 30 pages indexed by Google (you can test how many pages are indexed by doing Google search for “site:your.site.name”) you can sign up for TNX.NET account. You will need an invitation code to open a new account, so you can use one of the following:
After signing up you will get a small block of PHP code which you can add either to your blog’s theme templates (for example header or footer) OR install a PHP widget plugin, paste the code there and drag the widget into a sidebar.
TNX displays unobtrusive text links on your pages, for the links you are credited TNX points, which you can cash via PayPal. Links are sold on every page, so the more pages the blog has – the bigger income. And having Unique Article Wizard will add unique pages to your blog every day. I already implemented this approach on 7 of my autoblogs you can see here:
You can repeat steps 3 thru 6 to add new blogs adding even more to your income.
If you have any question about any particular step or if you need a new invite code to TNX, please leave a a comment here.