If you bricked your Motorola DROID 3 phone while rooting it, installing some custom ROM or doing other fun stuff – don’t despair, there’s light at the end of the tunnel.
(Disclaimer: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. But then again, if you’re reading this, something already has happened to it).
- Download the Motorola Stock Image (SBF) v5.6.890 HERE
- Download Motorola Flashing Utility (RSDLite) v5.5 HERE
- Extract the contents of the SBF file to a folder on your computer
- Install RSDLite
- Boot your DROID 3 into bootloader by holding both Vol+ & Vol- at the same time when powering on the phone
- Select “AP Fastboot” from boot menu by pressing Vol- repeatedly and then press Vol+ to select it
- Open RSDLite and browse for the XML in the folder where you extracted the SBF file
- Connect the phone to PC via USB, and when RSDLite says “Connected”, hit “Start“
- Wait for the phone to finish flashing, and booting (it can reboot several times, let it be)
You’re done! Your phone is resurrected, feel free to root it, install custom ROMs and do other fun stuff again.
NOTE: You phone may require activation after the flash, just follow original Verizon activation steps (if you’re not prompted to activate your phone and still have no connection just dial *228 and follow the instructions).
CREDITS: Thanks chevycam94 for original SBF-ing instructions and files. As a matter of fact these instructions are pretty much exact copy of first 9 steps of his instruction on how to flash his custom ROM Steel Droid – check it out!